Sunday, July 15, 2012

Rejection... Adding to the story of me.

Rejection it's just one of those things we all have to deal with. Regardless of how comfortable and charmed our lives are things happen. Life lets us down. People let us down and prospective careers let us down.
Getting a no is never easy to hear. Sometimes I think nails on a chalk board would be easier. But, from that no a couple of things can happen. First, you give up. Roll over, play dead, and just let everything happen to you, not for you. The other thing that can happen is you set your mind. You make it happen. I know what I want and no matter how long it takes I will get there.
I refuse to be had. Rejection won't stifle my voice, or change my mind.  Deep down underneath all the insecurities and lack of confidence that has become my silent tomb there is a voice. One that wants to yell, I have something to say and I'm going to say it. Though my confidence may waiver I know that it is going to be worth it.
Walking into the sunlight that blinds me to the future is not easy. Life was never meant to be easy. But, faith in myself and in my hopes and dreams is what pushes me forward. So, into the sun I walk. Glasses in hand with a story in my heart and a song in my head. Rejection only adds to the story of me. Each and everyday it grows and becomes more interesting.
No I'm not sad, I'm not happy, but I'm good. Moving forward at a steady pace. Slow and steady wins a race but when you aren't racing you can move as you choose. Each and every step calculated or haphazard the person it matters most to is you. Just always remember rejection gives you a choice. But, you are the only one that can decide. It is you and you alone that holds the keys to your future.
Nothing is predestined.

No comments:

Post a Comment