Friday, July 6, 2012

The Golden Rule Not Shower

I firmly believe in treating others as you would like to be treated. If you strut around like a pretentious ass eventually people are going to not want to be around you and start treating you as such.
This goes for everyone. When you do something and then turn around and secretly or not so secretly act disgusted when other people do the same you're being a hypocrite.
I have always tried to be respectful, kind, and courteous to everyone I meet. Perfect I'm not. Never have been never will be. However, for all that I'm not I am still a decent being.
I make mistakes, you make mistakes. When it comes down to it pants are put on the same way. We aren't different. What makes the difference is whether or not you can admit your wrong doings when you know you are wrong. This I still have a hard time with. I try to do this but I am not great about it.
Please and thank you go a long way. Maybe it's working in a hospital and taking care of people but when you neglect to say thank you... You're neglecting a responsibility to be courteous to others. Instead of just asking someone to give you something say please. Really it isn't hard. It's one extra word.
I think that it is true that you can be kind to a fault and that can sometimes bite you in the toosh. However, when you are nice to someone it shows you care. Even if you don't know someone and they look lost ask them if they need help. There have been many times in my life when I have been lost and had someone stopped to help me instead of letting me find my way on my own I would have been eternally grateful. That could have saved a lot of time and pain.
I am not trying to be all preachy at all. To be honest everyone is free to make their own decisions. I just know that I am a happier person for living life by this simple rule. The Golden Rule is what they call it. I call it common courtesy.
See I told you it had nothing to do with a golden shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment