Monday, July 16, 2012

The Question

As the day comes to an end and you have a minute to reflect on your life. Your friends, family, and life in general what do you think? Are you happy? Do your friends put as much into your friendship as you do? What about your family? I do not think of these things often but when I do I tend to think that my answers though slightly depressing to some are truthful to the way a lot of people feel. Of course maybe that is just my optimistic attitude but, well the pessimist in me does not think so.

Now, I have talked about the end of the day for me in the past but, I have to admit that even though it sounds sad and depressing I am used to the way it goes. I am not sad or depressed about it. As a matter of fact I have grown rather accustomed to how it is and have grown quite fond of it.

As for the first posed question. When I think about those three things in the question friends, family and life I have very complex answers for them. Though they are complex I can sum them up quickly yet get the point across. No one wants to read something sad and boring for crying out loud. So, this is my attempt to make this not sad or boring.

Friends are something that I firmly believe you get one or two good ones that you can count on and the rest are aquaintences. I would love to believe that I have that although I think that when you are the one doing 90% of the contacting that leads to the conclusion that no that is not a good friend. I have heard excuses galore but the fact of the matter is you do not pick up the phone. Keep in mind I do not have an open door policy. Stopping by unannounced is just another way to show you dont know me.

Family is good. Dysfunction is cool. Although I think that everyone and everything is dysfunctional. So, I guess that means that family is normal. There really is not much to complain about. I am sure if I sit here long enough I can think of something.

My life is redundant with no sign of spontaneity. But, then again if there was a sign doesnt that negate the definition proper?

All in all I am happy. Bored but happy. Bored is okay in small doses. I would rather have excitement in larger doses but I am good. Too much excitement is redundant as well. There is such thing as too much of a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment