Thursday, July 12, 2012

Manners

Manners-

I think that because I have my two kids I am starting to become even more aware of manners than I was before. Don't get me wrong my mom raised me to have manners and be polite and kind. I am to this day. However, when I was younger others being rude never seemed to bother me as much as it does now. It is not even just the please and thank you thing. I know that I have talked about that at least once before. The other thing that annoys me to no end is when people do not say excuse me. I mean if I am walking past you and I stand even the slightest chance of bumping into you I am going to say excuse me.

Excuse me is one of those things that I think for a lot of people have gone totally missing. I do not quite understand why people have lost this but it is sad. I bump into you and then act like it is your fault. Who on earth thinks that is right?

What is even more disturbing to me is the fact that kids these days seem to have zero respect for others. It really does come across like their parents do not even care enough to teach these simple things. I mean without common manners and courtesy you are setting your children up for failure. Without being polite people are not going to want to help you. They are not going to want to go out of their way to make sure that you are okay. A simple thank you can go a long way. A simple excuse me can go even further.

I just think that in a society where people seem to be becoming less and less civilized reintroducing manners could go a long way. Just my thought on the subject. If you want to raise children with bad manners that is on you but if my kids don't say please, thank you or excuse me they get a serious talking to.

No comments:

Post a Comment