Friday, June 22, 2012

Yikes and other fun stuff

I have been doing some serious twitter work as of late. I have this love of Tom Hiddleston. But, I can confirm that it is nothing like some people. I really feel slightly sorry for him. I mean there is a lot of craziness going on right now. Young girls completely obsessed in only the way young teenage girls can be.

Tom is a great actor and yes he seems completely down to earth in interviews and so forth. Heck, I even think it would be great to be able to meet him. Just not in the same way as many of these girls do. I would love to ask about movie roles and so forth that he has played. You know just typical fan stuff. Not to mention I am a total movie nerd. I won't lie I have tweeted him a couple times. Of course I have gotten no response but the tweets were one a question and two something funny that my kids said while watching Midnight In Paris. Nothing to me was funnier than when my 8 and 10 year old said to me "Hey mom isn't that Loki?" when Scott was on screen. Having young kids like this know who you are just seems very awesome to me. In my case it was more impressive because my son who has aspergers never seems to remember a whole lot but that connection was made in about literally 3 seconds. That is remarkable for my son to do that.

I know that actors sign up to be in the public eye but being in the public eye and having a million teenagers post old pictures and so forth seems like a little much. I don't want to get into specifics but I have seen a few young ladies tweets and felt embarrassed for them. The whole time of course thinking I am so glad that twitter didn't exist when I was a teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment