Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Politics Makes My Head Spin

There is something about political election campaigns that make me crazy. I can't stand the constant bashing of one another. I mean seriously? The two of you are at the top of you're political games and insist on mud slinging. We as the American people are not dumb neither one of you are perfect. You're wasting money and time trying to convince us you are. The illusion of politicians being perfect was shattered along time ago.
Debates great, of course that's when it is about relevant issues. Healthcare, the economy, jobs, and foreign relations are relevant. Beating a dead horse over a birth certificate is not.
The other thing that gets me is the lack of voter responsibility. It is very discouraging to see so many people not take the initiative to go and vote. Once you make that decision to not vote you forfeit your right to complain. Who do you really think you are that you complain but couldn't take the five minutes out of your time to cast a ballot?
These people that govern over our state and our country are put there by us.
When you think about not voting remember that our government is supposed to be ” of the people, for the people and by the people”. When you choose not to take the initiative to make the government in part by you how can you expect it to be for you?
I'm not a political person. I don't like talking about politics because it just causes issues. People get way bent out of shape so in advance this is ” just like my opinion, man” This is just something that went through my head this morning as I was watching the news. Of course, the news just is depressing. But, politicians acting like a bunch of first graders seeing who can say what first just... Ugh. You're adults act it. Since when do adults think they are perfect? I can freely admit I'm not. Far from it to be honest. I have no problem with it either. Reason being, I'm human and no one is perfect. At some point everyone makes mistakes, just own it. Politics is no different, it's run by humans it can't be perfect. Yet many expect it to be. That's slightly confusing to me. Some days that isn't difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment