Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Just A Small Thought

I wanted to take a minute or a page or a post depending on how you look at this to talk about something that has always seemed to bother me. Misconceptions about people. A lot of people judge based on things that I feel are unfair. Looks, clothes, demeanor and so forth are just a few examples. It has been my experience that yes you never do get a second chance to make a first impression but many times that first impression can be false. Take me for instance. I have been told numerous times that when people met me they thought I was a bitch, mean, that I hated them and so forth. None of those are true in most cases. As a matter of fact it would be quite the opposite. I am the type of person that would give you the shirt off my back if you needed it. The problem arises in I am very shy. I don't talk when I meet people. I have to have a certain warm up period where I get a chance to feel someone out. I need to get to know you as a person before I actually am comfortable with you getting to know me. I think that yes it is unfortunate that people think that I am all those things I previously stated but I know that it is of no ones fault but my own. I can live with that. Why? Because I have grown used to this and I own how I am.

But, it irks me to no end when people are like this with other people that I know or don't know for that matter. You can not judge every person by the impression you got from them initially. I really think that it is important to get to know people for who they are not what or who you think they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment