Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chick-Fil-A and the Case of Diarrhea of the lips


Today there is this non sense going on with Chick-Fil-A which will from here on out be a banned restaurant for my family but that is neither here nor there. The president of the business Dan Cathy stated his support for biblical principles and biblical definition of a family. 

Hiding behind religion and politics is a poor excuse to explain ignorance. You can not simply say "oh because the bible says so." Well, you can but really that is an awful answer. That is the answer of a coward who decided long ago that an education was not important. Now, by education I am not talking college, or even school. I am talking real life. To seriously try to defend your hatred with biblical shenanigans, or political propaganda is just absolutely asinine. 


See there is this whole separation of church and state thing... Remember that? Chances are that if you are on the outlaw gay marriage bandwagon you don't. I say this because the fact of the matter is your reason is immorality according to the bible. Well outlawing gay marriage because according to the bible it is wrong is an oxymoron. 


I am all for moral living. You know "Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you". Or better yet
"Do not impose on others what you do not wish for yourself." -Confucius, circa 500 BCE That is before the whole "Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you". At this point though the only thing I am saying is in order to live a moral life you do not need to follow the bible. You simply need to treat others as you would want to be treated. 


Back to the whole Chick-Fil-A nonsense. So people are flocking there like sheep because of the words that this president of the company spoke. Good for you if that is what you want to do. I am not one to force feed my opinion down anyone's throat but I am also not one that is going to sit here and read this garbage and not call it like I see it. 


Basically this is simply a case of bigots that are too scared to try and form an educated opinion on their own flocking to the one that talks the loudest. That happened with Hitler.. Yep I said it and I mean it too. Those that hide behind the words of others are the most dangerous people that exist. Those that do not question the words they hide behind are just as bad. 


The worlds opinion of our country is so far down the hole that it is just disappointing. We would like to think ourselves these educated and cultured society yet time and time again we prove that we are anything but. What is the most bothersome is that people don't care. 


I do care and I am not going to sit idly by as this group of radical what ever you want to call yourselves.. Christians such an easy veil to hide behind. Republicans which is an even easier veil. Reality is you are all just home grown terrorists that make the majority of us look bad. Sorry to be the one to break it to you but it is disgraceful that you would want to discriminate against someone because of sexual orientation when if a restaurant spoke out against fundamentalist Christianity you would all be the first to cry discrimination. 


The worst part is you bring your children up with these beliefs that are nothing short of archaic. Shame on you. I would have hoped for so much more from our society at this point in time. 


Opinions are a right of all of us as Americans this is mine. You're wrong not because of your stance on gay marriage but your stance that it is okay to force your opinion and way of life on anyone. Intolerance breeds hatred. Hatred as well all know is a terrible thing to live with. It is so much easier to sleep at night knowing that I accept people at face value. Everyone is their own person. No one not even me has a right to tell you how to live or what to think. Do not mistake what this post is about. It isn't me telling you what to think but it is me calling bull as I see it. Oh and don't get this wrong my family ban on Chick-Fil-A started years ago when I realized the food was terrible. This is just directed towards the people that refuse to see that their way is not the only way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment